I just discovered the all natural products of Beauty Expert Indie Lee and her recipe for an oil cleanser we can make at home. For regular readers and for new comers, I love finding and using products with essential oils for my hair, face, body and nails (see posts here, here and here). I can’t wait to give this recipe a try!
- ½ oz organic jojoba oil
- ½ oz organic avocado oil
- ⅔ oz organic safflower oil
- ⅓ oz organic castor oil
- 3 drops of of vitamin e
- 2-3 drops essential oil (Feel free to modify the recipe to adjust to your needs by adding essential oils like tea tree, lavender, rosemary, clary sage, chamomile and borage - see Indie’s list of good ingredients for more information)
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in a 2 oz container and shake well.
- Application: Squeeze a pea sized amount onto hand or cleansing brush; massage into damp face to remove makeup and cleanse skin.
- Storage: Up to three months in a closed container.
I am also going to try her multi-purpose Brightening Cleanser that can clean away makeup , exfoliate the skin if left on for 5-10 minutes and can be used to clean makeup brushes. How cool is that?!?! I will let you know how I like it!
to buy: Brightening Cleanser