25 things and what they say about my clothing personality
1. I hate red – ok that is extreme – I do not gravitate to it and only have one red top for July 4th – with one exception, red shoes are a must (see No. 6) and I keep trying on red dresses to then put them back on the rack.. Maybe you can change my mimd??
2. I love all things blue, but am seeing some pink start to trickle into my wardrobe.
3. I have a ton of black pants from Theory that I bought probably 10 -20 years ago and can’t seem to get rid of..but probably should.
4. I have, maybe, 2-3 skirts – I really have a problem matching a top to a skirt and got rid of every skirt I wasn’t wearing. The ones I have are just so I can say I own a skirt. I am not wearing any of them.
5. I have a lot of dresses – and not necessarily are they all right for me – but they are the only way for me to get out the door and feel put together.
6. I try to keep all my dresses to go with black shoes or a fun colored or metallic shoe ( I love so many here)
7. I do not buy Brown – Camel Yes – Brown No
8. I have a bohemian side..
10. I wear white ribbed Old Navy Tanks under my jackets
12. I wear flats because I walk to and from the office (and have a ton of heels underneath my desk but only change into them for meetings)
13. I LOVE colored and embellished high heeled shoes – I wear these at night and to parties. (See No. 6 and below for some of my favorites)
14. I wear mainly solid but love a good print (especially in the Summer)
15. I will buy a party dress to “save” for the next big invitation. Nothing is worse than trying to find a dress for an event and you can’t!
16. Blazers take up a big portion of my closet. My favorite are these from Veronica Beard
17. I have very few sweater.. Hence this post on sweaters..
19. No turtlenecks… I do not like how they feel on my neck
20. I have a lot of scarves / wraps (the best is this one!) and I never leave home without one because I don’t like being cold around my neck and shoulders (see No.19)
21. I like big chunky necklaces
23. I do not wear bracelets during the day because I am at a computer all day long and do not like the clink/clang of the noise.
24. I have a thing for stripes
25. I like finding vintage dresses.. I gravitate to the ladylike classic and bright fun loving mod styles.
Click through for more of my favorite things: