I have never had much luck making brownies from scratch and have used the Ghirardelli Chocolate Brownie Mix when I am in a hurry to get a dessert on the table. But not today, I wanted to finally master a recipe from scratch to add to my repertoire.
Do you bake from a box or only homemade?
For all things baking related I go to my good friend Lisa. I asked her for a recommendation and she told me she makes the SoNo Brownies from The SoNo Baking Company Cookbook. They are super easy to make and they come out rich, chocolaty, with a flaky top.
There is nothing better than a really good brownie!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F degrees and place rack in the middle of oven.
- Butter or spray a 8×8 square baking dish
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Once melted remove from heat and add sugar, corn syrup – whisking until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture and whisk until blended together.
- Fold in chips.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
I made a double batch and froze half of the cooked brownies in individual portions. I let them come to room temperature before serving and they were delicious!
Keywords: Brownies, Homemade, From Scratch, Freezer Friendly, Freezer,