If you have a few bananas that have gotten too ripe , this is the easiest recipe to make and is a huge hit with all ages. Add Chocolate chips if you want a sweeter treat.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ·¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ·1 cup unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ·½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ·3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- ·1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ·½ cup walnuts, shelled and chopped
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven 350°F and grease a bread pan (9x5x3)
- Sift dry ingredients together: flours, baking soda, and salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, in two parts, to the creamed mixture
- Add the bananas, vanilla and walnuts (optional), mix well
- Pour the combined mixture into the bread pan. Tap the bread pan on the counter to release any bubbles and create a smooth top
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove when a cakes tester comes out clean Cool on wire rack
Once cool it can be wrapped and frozen or eaten immediately.