- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs, I used Gillian’s Food’s Italian Bread Crumbs – Gluten Free
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 Chicken Cutlets, boneless + skinless
- 2 cups Jarred Tomato Sauce, I used Ooma Tesoro’s Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, slice into eight ¼ inch thick slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in the middle of the oven.
- Spread tomato sauce in the bottom of a 10-by-15 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper in shallow rimmed dish or bowl
- Beat egg in a shallow rimmed dish or bowl.
- Dredge (dip) the chicken cutlets, one by one, in the egg and then breadcrumb mix. Be sure to coat all sides well. Place on a plate. Continue with each cutlet until they are all coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Place four cutlets in the heated skillet. cook until brown and turn on to the other side. Cook until browned. Remove and set on top of the tomato sauce in baking dish. Repeat until all cutlets are cooked.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Turn oven to broil and move oven rack closer to the top of the oven
- Top each cutlet with a mozzarella slice and return baking dish to oven. Broil for about 5 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted and lightly browned in spots.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately