With a description of ” best chocolate chip cookies recipe ever” how can I resist? I can’t that’s what! So I made these very best cookies and I have to say they were darn good. They were gobbled up by crew of medium hands and I luckily was not left with but a crumb. (It is tough dieting and trying to be gluten free around chocolate chip cookies!)
I knew I would love them when it called for 2 1/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (the more chocolate the better in my book) and sea salt, not just any old salt! Give them a try and see how they rate against your favorite recipe… I do not think you will be disappointed.
If chewy, yummy big cookies are not for you.. try my thin crisp chocolate chip cookies.. the are also to die for! YUM!
Recipe via Sweet Savory Life
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp smallish-medium coarse sea salt or kosher
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour (12 ounces) If at all possible, please weigh the flour
- 2¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees. This is not a typo.. three hundred and sixty.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a Kitchenaid mixer)
- Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes on medium.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated.
- Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium ice cream scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Soft, Big