- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ pound meatloaf mix (½ lb each of ground beef, pork and lamb)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 28oz cans of Italian peeled tomatos packed in tomato puree, chopped
- pasta – we used medium shells
- grated parmesan
- fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and stir in the garlic, onion, celery and carrots. Cook until the onions are tender and golden (not brown). Add the meat to the mixture, break it up and stir until browned. Stir in the tomato paste and then add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the white wine and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the tomatoes into the slow cooker and then stir in the vegetable/meat mixture. Stir to combine. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on low or 8 hours on high (until the sauce is thick)
- Serve over your favorite pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.