- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup barley flour (or all purpose flour)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips -or- 2 cups raisins
- preheat the oven to 375F degrees
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs,vanilla and milk. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Add in two batches to the mixer. Mix until combined.
- Fold in either the chocolate chips or raisins.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop batter onto baking sheets with either parchment paper or a silpat. Using wet fingers. flatten batter rounds down.
- Bake for 7-11 minutes. In my oven they take about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven when the edges are brown and it will be chewy, soft cookie. Cool on a wire rack.
Cooks Note: Can’t decide? Split the batter – add 1 cup of raisins to one half of the batter and 1 cup of chocolate chips to the other half of the batter.