- 2 sticks (8oz /1 cup) sweet butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- preheat oven 350° degrees
- butter and flour a 10″ bundt pan
- in a stand mixer cream butter and sugar until combined
- add sifted flour to creamed butter and sugar mixture. until combined, do not over mix.
- add vanilla extract, lemon juice and then one egg at a time. mix all until combined
- fold mixture into prepared bundt pan. smooth batter ( I like to tap bundt pan on the counter to settle and even the batter)
- Bake in the middle rack for 1 hour, after 30 minutes cover with aluminum foil, or until a tester comes out clean.
- cool on a wire rack for approximately 20 minutes, then remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- garnish: dusting of Confectioners Sugar and a side of berries
Keywords: Bishops Cake, Cake, Dessert, Bundt Cake, Easy, Make Ahead, Berries