I had a house full of boys last weekend and all they wanted were brownies. I pulled out my favorite all time BEST homemade brownie recipe. I haven’t made them in forever and, now I know why, they ruined my diet! I think I ate more than the boys. Actually, I know I did. I loved every.. single .. bite. I have never been so happy to cheat on my diet and I had a large ice cold glass of milk to go with them. Yum!
For a little Friday fun, check out the first time I posted this recipe (4 years, almost to the week, ago!) and see how different things were back then. It is so cool to look back and see how I was blogging and taking pictures .. things sure have changed around here.. What do you think??? And for a FREE BONUS RECIPE Click Here!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F degrees and place rack in the middle of oven. Butter or spray a 8×8 square baking dish
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a saucepan melt the butter. Remove from heat and add sugar, corn syrup whisking until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture and whisk until blended together.
- Fold in chips.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
I made a double batch and froze half of the cooked brownies in individual portions. I let them come to room temperature before serving and they were delicious!
Keywords: Brownies, Homemade, Best, Make Ahead, Easy, Bake, Chocolate