- RawSpiceBar’s Caraway, Fennel & Anise Bread
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt, more for topping
- 4 Cups Unbleached All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg, mixed with 1 Tablespoon Water (for egg wash)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 14g Dry Active Yeast
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine milk and butter. Stir until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, salt and RawSpicebar’s caraway, fennel and Anise Bread
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and knead dough for about 10 minutes.Dough should be soft and almost sticky. (we needed to add extra warm water to the dough to get a better consistency)
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a pretzel. Move to a warm, dark place and let the pretzels to rise until double in size, about an hour.
- Just before baking, brush pretzels with egg wash and sprinkle with cheese, remaining RawSpicebar’s caraway, fennel and Anise Bread and salt
- Bake the pretzels for about 10 minutes at 485 degrees. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Serbe warm