Want to try one of the most delicious cookies ever? Then these Double-Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from the God’s Love We Deliver Cookbook should be the next ones you make! They are that good! We have been working with God’s Love We Deliver for as long as I can remember and they are an amazing organization that provides life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling to people living with severe illnesses in the New York metropolitan area. This year alone, God’s Love will cook and deliver more than 1.4 million nutritionally-tailored meals (Free of charge!) with the help of 8,000 volunteers. Wow.. That is a lot of meals and a huge team!
In celebration of over 30 years of service, God’s Love We Deliver has created a cookbook featuring family recipes and personal stories of 75 celebrities and friends of the organization. From Trish Yearwood’s Chicken Noodle Soup to Ina Garten’s Perfect Roast Turkey to Rosanna Cash’s Coconut Layer Cake, each delicious contribution is featured in the cookbook along side a note from the person and a photograph of the recipe. There are so many good recipes that I want to try but chose to feature the Double-Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies because they are one of my favorite treats and I have been waiting patiently for the cookbook to be released so I could get the recipe! Be sure to click the link to see more about the God’s Love Cookbook and by purchasing one (or more!) you are supporting a wonderful organization. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Prehat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Blend well
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment or silicone-lined cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time until golden brown. about 8 to 10 minutes per batch
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool
Keywords: Chocolate, Oatmeal, Double Chocolate, Cookies
to buy: God’s Love We Deliver Cookbook
Shop the Essential for making this recipe below