Do you struggle to come up with a yummy appetizer like I do? Then you are in luck because this Artichoke Spinach Dip is just what you are looking for. It is super easy to make and your guests will love it. I have a Pinterest board Appetizers: from small bites, to dips and crowd pleasers that I have asked friends and followers to Pin to so that we can all find delicious ideas for small groups and large parties. Feel free to follow along and if you would like to contribute please let me know and I will add you to the board. The more the merrier! This recipe is a remake of several I found on Pinterest and I edited it to fit our tastes. I cut up a loaf of French bread and lightly toasted it which was a perfect vehicle to scoop up the dip. Nothing is worse then having the cracker or bread dissolve when it meets the dip! Turns out, it was a party favorite and I made it again the next day to share with you! Cheers!
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 8 oz cream cheese, softended
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, more for topping (I used almost an entire 8 oz package)
- 1 cup onion, chopped (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- French Bread, sliced and lightly toasted
- preheat oven 375
- Place Spinach in a microwavable dish with a tablespoon of water, cover and microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Put wilted spinach in strainer and press out excess water
- Chop Spinach into small pieces and place in large bowl
- Add artichokes, onion, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to the same bowl with the spinach.
- Mix all ingredients with a fork, until combined.
- Place artichoke spinach mixture in baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove form oven and sprinkle top generously with the extra mozzarella cheese
- Broil for an extra 5 minutes until brown. Watch to make sure it does not burn
- Serve warm with toasted French bread.
Keywords: artichoke dip, Hot dish, Crowd Pleaser