Set the mood for your Christmas festivities with this pretty and delicious Cranberry Rosemary Champagne Cocktail. I used champagne, but Prosecco works just as well, or if you want an non-alcoholic version, use Pellegrino or Seltzer. Have a tray at the ready with a pitcher of the Cranberry Rosemary infused simple syrup, the Cranberry Rosemary garnish and the Champagne. I like to have it on the table as guests arrive so I can make the cocktails fresh for whoever wants one. I wish I had taken a closer look at my glasses before shooting these pictures! They were clean, but have water marks on them. UGH! Oh well – the cocktails were yummy and I got a lovely nap in afterwards 🙂 Here’s to a fun night celebrating the season! Cheers!
- ROSEMARY-INFUSED CRANBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¾ cup rosemary-infused simple syrup
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and cranberries, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer while continuing to stir, until all of the cranberries have popped. Remove the simple syrup from the heat, and add the sprigs of rosemary. Let the rosemary infuse for 5 minutes, remove from the simple syrup and discard.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, strain the cranberry chunks from the simple syrup and refrigerate.
- To make the Rosemary Cranberry Garnish: Pierce the cranberries with a toothpick, make sure to go all the way through the berry. Remove the bottom few leaves from the rosemary sprig and put 3 berries at teh bottom. Make enough sprigs for each serving.
- To make the cocktails, pour 2 Tablespoons of rosemary-infused simple syrup to the bottom of a champagne glass. Pour prosecco over a spoon into the glass. Add a rosemary sprig to the glass, serve, and enjoy!