This is post is sponsored by bablebox.com on behalf of RAGÚ®
My husband and I spend our weekends thinking up recipes for the blog and when babblebox.com reached out to me to work with RAGÚ® sauce’s, I was so exited to see what we could come up with using their classic pasta sauce crafted with vine-ripened tomatoes and well-storied passion and their double cheddar cheese that features Cheddar, Parmesan, and Romano cheese. We wanted to come up with easy to make and delicious to eat appetizers for Game Day! We decided to start with the RAGÚ Old World Style Traditional spaghetti sauce and since we have been having a love for all things meatballs, we thought why not mini meatball sandwiches? What better way to enjoy the smooth, flavorful spaghetti sauce then with a delicious meatball? We cooked the meatballs in the yummy RAGÚ Old World Style Traditional spaghetti sauce and then added more sauce after placing the meatballs on toasted buns. We sprinkled with mozzarella cheese and put them under the broiler to melt. Once melted, we placed a basil leaf and the top bun with a toothpick. Oh My Gosh! Not only did it take less than 20 minutes to cook and prepare, they were so good! YUM! I also love that they are both adult and kid friendly. Did you know that the sauce contains two servings of vegetables in every 1/2 cup of sauce? What a great way to sneak in those vegetables! And for those of you with a Gluten intolerance, like our son, we would serve his on gluten free buns. A winning appetizer for your Game Day festivities. Be sure to see what we made with the RAGÚ® Double Cheddar cheese sauce, I share the recipe here.
- I Jar RAGÚ Old World Style Traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 Bag Frozen meatballs – thaw 12 meatballs or Make your own with Lisa’s Homemade meatballs recipe – be sure to make them smaller, bite sized portion
- 1 8oz Bag of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 package of 12 mini bread rolls
- cooked the meatballs in the RAGÚ Old World Style Traditional spaghetti sauce over medium heat until hot through.
- Separate the buns and place them open faced on a cookie sheet, toast in the oven or toaster oven until lightly browned
- Using tongs place one meatball on each bottom bun and spoon more sauce on each until lightly coated.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on each meatball, place in oven and broil until cheese has melted. Keep a close watch so they don’t burn!
- Remove from oven. place a single basil leaf on each melted cheese meatball and cover with top bun. Secure with a toothpick
- Serve Immediately.
Thank you bablebox.com for sponsoring this post on behalf of RAGÚ® , all the opinions here are our own and we appreciate the partnership!