My husband and I are a huge fan of Thai food and if we can find something to make in our Slow Cooker, it is a win win! On a recent weekend, we found this recipe for Crock Pot Honey Sesame Pulled Pork and knew it was something we had to make. The recipe calls for making the pork and putting it over white rice, but we had recently used Thai noodles with these individual meatloafs and thought they might be good with the pulled pork. We decided a cool cucumber salad on the side would be perfect and not surprisingly found it from the same website.
It was delicious! Wow! It gives our favorite pulled bbq pork a run for its money! We even fought over the leftovers 🙂 I cant wait for us to make it again!
- 2½ pounds (1,125 g) pork roast, diced into 6 pieces
- ½ white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife and peeled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (45 g) dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 1 tablespoon (11 g) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) cornstarch
- 3 Thai chili peppers, sliced
- In a crock pot, add the pork roast, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey and sesame seeds; stir until the pork is coated with the other ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and shred using two forks.
- In a pot, add the reserved juices from the crock pot and whisk in the corn starch. Cook on medium-high heat until the sauce thickens. Stir in the chili peppers and shredded pork.
- Serve the pork over steamed white rice or thai noodles
- 1 lb cucumber, cut into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sugar ( I reduced it to 1 Tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- Add salt to the cucumber, mix well and set aside in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. In the meantime, make the Dressing, by combining all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Turn on the heat and reduce the Dressing a bit so it’s slightly thickened. Let cool.
- Drain the salt water from the cucumber completely. Toss the cucumber, onion, and mix with the Dressing. Top with the peanut and cilantro, serve immediately
Shop the Post