It is so fun working on this blog and seeing who it introduces me to. A while back I was connected with Kelly Kirkland from Lively Design Studio via Instagram. She has wonderful woven totes that are the perfect accessory for a trip to the beach or around town. They are fun, useful, personalized and ever so chic! I thought it would be fun to get to know Kelly, the owner and designer behind Lively Design Studio’s fantastic bags! So I asked her a few questions like I did with Karen Duffy a few months ago ( See post here). See below for her answers.
- What is a Book you loved? One of my all-time favorite novels is One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez. I think I’ve read it at least three times over the year
- What is your favorite recipe and/or favorite dish? Without a doubt, it’s Marcella Hazan’s Bolognese Sauce. My whole family loves it. I also love Giada de Laurentiis’ Chicken Piccata recipe– it’s a great dish to serve at dinner parties.
- What are the 3- 5 things in your bag that you use the most and what bag do you use? Burt’s Bees lip balm, lip gloss, my sketch book and pen, and a little picture of my mom that I keep in my wallet. I switch out my handbags frequently, and I also carry my Lively tote or my daughter’s almost every day, since two of my children are swim year-round. They’re great for all the goggles and swim caps and swim suits!
- Beauty Secret or Favorite product Rodan + Fields Reverse Deep Exfoliating Wash is fantastic, and right now I’m loving Kate Somerville’s Wrinkle Warrior Moisturizer and Serum.
- Greatest Fashion Extravagance or Best Fashion Find . I love clutches, handbags and totes of all kinds. My go-to evening bag is a black leather Prada clutch that I purchased several years ago, and I still love it as much as the day I bought it.
Thank you Kelly – For sharing with us – I am excited to try those recipes and I am always looking for a new book and beauty tip! I love my tote – it is hte best size to hold everything I need and the colors couldn’t be more perfect!
to buy: Lively Design Totes