My husband and I have been trying out new Slow Cooker recipes every weekend to see if we can find some new favorites to add to our dinner rotation. We tried this Spice-Braised Pot Roast a few weekends ago and it was really good. I liked the egg noodles (you could use gluten free noodles too) as a change from mashed potatoes that we have with the Mississippi Pot Roast and the use of a blend of spices. It was really good and we will definitely be making it again!
Next up, we are going to be trying a lighter corn chowder and a chicken slider instead of our family favorite pulled pork. Do you have any go-to slow cooker recipes? Please share them in the comments – we are always looking to try a winner!
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Mix all remaining ingredients except noodles; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 7-9 hours.
- Discard bay leaf. If desired, skim fat and thicken cooking juices. Serve pot roast with noodles and juices.
Shop the Post