Recipe appeared in Food & Wine
- 2 large European cucumbers (2 1/4 pounds), halved and seeded—1/2 cup finely diced, the rest coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup loosely packed dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- In a blender, combine the chopped cucumber with the yogurt, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, dill, parsley, tarragon and the 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and white pepper
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Season the soup again just before serving.
- Pour the soup into bowls.
- Garnish with the finely diced cucumber, red onion and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
For the picnic, I placed the reserved diced cucumber in the bottom of 8 oz Wide Mouth Mason Jars – one for each person – and then ladled the soup on top. Then added the garnish right as we served them at the picnic.
Keywords: Cucumber Soup, Soup, Cucumber, Dill, Easy, Make Ahead, Refrigerate,