1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate chunks, such as Nestle’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 12 x 2 inch baking pan. ( I used parchment paper – it makes it so easy to lift the blondies out of the baking pan)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, and mix well, scraping down the bowl.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and with the mixer still on low, slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Fold the walnuts and chocolate chunks in with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes exactly. Don’t over bake! A toothpick may not come out clean.
- Cool completely in the baking pan and cut into bars.
Keywords: Blondie, Chocolate Chunk Blondies, Dessert,Snack, Chocolate Chunk, Easy