I need to be brutally honest here… with myself. In my mind, I think (wish more like it!!) that I look like Elle Macpherson (insert your own body image person here) in my bathing suit, but the reality is I never looked like her and never will. So I need to camouflage the best I can with what I am working with.
Are you wearing the best bathing suit for your figure?
I have been asking myself that recently and turns out the answer is NO. I am not. I love my classic 1998 maillots from J.Crew, but it isn’t 1998 anymore and I don’t have the body I had in 1998 (which was before 2 kids and I still had my pre-wedding figure!). So why am I wearing it?? Go read the first sentence again… yup.. I think I still look like Elle Macpherson! The main reason it doesn’t work for me is that it has no structure for slimming my torso or support for the ladies. It’s time to get that under control.
What is the best swimsuit for your figure?
That is a good question! For me… maybe a mumu! LOL!!! In all seriousness, I love swimming and walking on the beach. I am looking for a one-piece bathing suit that slims my waist, supports my bosom, and is not too high or too low.
I am looking for a Better Fitting Swimsuit and here is what I found…
- The Sidestroke – first seen on Instagram and now I think I am the only person without one of these one shoulder slimming suits... Do you have one?
- The Bandeau – I am all about NO tan lines on my shoulders.. and a bandeau is one of my favorite styles. This one has tummy control and ruching along the sides and front.
- The Maillot – As I have discovered not all maillots are created equal and this underwire maillot with pretty scalloped edges is expensive but will last a long time if taken care of. And really… how often are you really wearing a bathing suit??
- The Bikini – I do not have one, but I have heard that this Seafolly top is the best for larger busted gals…
- The Rashguard – this is a huge one for me, especially being in Florida full time. I wear an SPF top while walking and especially when swimming. See my favorites in the slider below:
- The Hat – Don’t forget a hat – see some great straw hat choices here!
When I started really diving deep into the fine print on-line, many suits have special slimming and supportive features. Below are some hi-lights and way down below in the shopping widgets are lots of swimwear and coverup options!
shop top: Dive Deep One Piece Swimsuit / Frill One Shoulder Swimsuit / Ribbons Bandeau Swimsuit middle: Rib Asym One Piece. / The Sidestroke / Fringe Underwire One Piece bottom: Cross Back One Piece (sustainable brand) / Les Essentials Cassie Halter Top / Rick Rack Under Wire One Piece ( available here also)