This Recipe is from SpendwithPennies.com
- 1 long English cucumber
- 1/2 lb. medium sized pasta (such as penne or rotini)
- 1/2 sweet white onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Thinly slice onion and place in a bowl of cold water. (see note)
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and remove seeds using a spoon. Slice into thin slices.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Let sit at least 40 minutes before serving
Soaking the onions in cold water is optional but takes a bit of the “bite” out of the onion.
The cucumbers will keep the pasta from drying out and you will not need more dressing.
Keywords: Cucumber, Dill, Pasta, Pasta Salad, Creamy, Make Ahead, Easy, BBQ