Being a blogger has been the biggest education of my life. When I started it in 2011 (yes, 8 years ago!) I had no idea how to do anything and there were not that many resources available to get the information I needed, so I had to figure it out on my own.
One area that I wanted to work on and get better at was my photography. I loved taking pictures , but compared to all the other bloggers out there – my pictures were pretty amateur. Take a look at this post and you can see where I started compared to my pictures today. OMG!! I cringe! I leave those posts there because that was who I was then and I am still proud of what I did …even if I die ever time I look at those posts.
I took a few on-line photography classes early on and slowly I found my way around my camera. I am still learning and know I need to keep practicing to get better. Last year, I found the Photography Super Bundle and it has been an amazing resource. I have been able to dive into all sorts of courses and, while the offerings change from year to year, it has so many great tools, courses, ebooks and tips that have taught me most of what I know now. I love that I can go at my own pace and jump between the different offerings. I use it as a resource and go back to it time after time.
Here are 5 things I learned to be a Better Photographer from The Photography Bundle
- Rule of Thirds: Divide photo into 9 equal spaces and put your point of interest on the intersection of those lines.
- Light is Essential: Turn off any artificial lights and get by the window for natural light
- Your best photographs are the ones where you look at the whole picture: Look at everything in the frame. up down and sideways, not just the subject. What is in the background? Step back or move forward.
- Editing is how you enhance your photos. It’s not cheating! However, you can’t use editing to “fix” a bad image. Think of editing as stylizing. And less is more!
- Real life is better than perfect. Messy can be beautiful
I just found out that the latest Photography Super Bundle 2019 went LIVE and I bought the bundle TODAY!
And guess what?? It is really good. I downloaded everything and already started the course: The Ultimate Guide To Organized Photos and I really can’t wait to take The Wanderlust Photo Lab (Finally get off auto mode and take great travel photos)
Here’s the Scoop
When you buy the Photography Super Bundle, you’ll get an email with your login information to an easy-to-use download portal, which includes access to the entire bundle – 6 eBooks, 12 eCourses, and 3 presets & templates. You’ll have 6 months to download the eBooks and create your login details for the eCourses.
Check out the Photography Super Bundle right here:
Some of My Favorite Courses Listed are:
- The Insta 25: Lightroom Presets by Laura Orlando (Presets) $25.00
A collection designed to effortlessly edit your photographs in just one click – whether it’s for a family photo album or a Facebook moment, you’ll be happy & confident in showing off your photographs.
- Beginners Guide to Memorable Vacation Photos by Courtney Slazinik (eCourse) $97.00
Learn how to capture candid vacation memories in a meaningful way.
- How to Photograph Your Baby’s First Year by Niki Strbian (eCourse) $149.00
All you need is your baby and a phone.
- The Wanderlust Photo Lab by Addie Gray (eCourse) $197.00
Finally get off auto mode and take great travel photos.
- The Authentic Portrait: A Parent’s Guide to Documenting Childhood by Katie Donnelly (eBook) $15.00
The easy guide to get you started making amazing portraits (and documenting those fleeting childhood moments) of your kids.
- Photo Organizing for Absolute Beginners by Melissa Shanhun (eCourse) $47.00
Wish you could find any photo instantly? Forget the mess of folders – use automatic tools to manage your photos, in minutes not hours.
- iPhone Photography Boss: How To Get Amazing Pictures From Your iPhone by Snap Happy Mom (eCourse) $47.00 Your iPhone is more than a point & shoot camera – learn how to use it like a boss and take amazing photos.
- Picture Play by Jill Krause (eBook) $19.00
Learn how to use your phone and free & cheap apps to take and edit photos you will LOVE, want to print and share.
Get this.. The whole Ultimate Photography Bundle is $47 – It is a total value of $1,228.98 value at a 97% discount! Now what’s not to LOVE about that?? Go grab it while it is available.. sale ends Monday night!