I just had to replenish the makeup I wear on a daily basis. The concealers, foundation and coverups that I start with to create “my face”. I generally do not wear a lot of makeup but when I was re-stocking, I realized I have a lot more essentials than I realized. I start with a clean and moisturized face and eye area. Then I get into the fun stuff.
Here are steps I take when applying my foundation:
- I dot the Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector under each eye and blend gently using my ring finger.
- I then dab some of the Guerlain Precious Light Illuminator in a wide ‘V’ shape under each eye, getting closer to my cheek bone verses up to the lash line. I then use my ring finger to gently blend it.
- For the days I want less coverage and I know I will be outside, I will use the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20. I put about a nickel size amount on my fingers and rub it upwards and out from my cheeks. Making sure to blend up onto my forehead and down my jawline. This makes it look natural on the skin below my chin and my neck.
- If I need more coverage I might dab the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick on certain spots, rosacea or pigmented skin to even out my skin tone.
- On days I want a more even coverage, or when I know I am taking pictures or its a big night out, I will thoroughly wet the Beautyblender sponge, dab it dry on a towel, and use it to dab and blend the Laura Mercier Concealer starting from my cheeks, working my way out to the edges of my face. I go lightly and add more to the spots that need more coverage. I love the concealer because it is light and adds a wonderful glow. It is not cakey or heavy. I especially like using the Beautyblender to keep it fresh on my skin. *Note: Be sure to get the special cleanser that comes with the Beautyblender, it does not foam up when you wash the sponge and is really important in keeping the sponge clean.
- Lastly, I will dab a little of the Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer on each eyelid so that my eye make up will not get into the crevices of my eyelids and make my skin look old and dry. (see more about it here)
- Once those steps are done, my face is ready for my makeup. I will post about what makeup I use and how I apply it in a future post.
I added the Vera Bradley Blush and Brush makeup bag (also available in larger version) below because it is lightweight and is the perfect traveling bag for everything I use. I like that it can stand up and the brush section can lie down, which makes it really easy to find and use what I need. I hope this was helpful and if you have any questions or you have a favorite product, let me know in the comments below or shoot me an email via this page.
to buy: 1. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector / 2. Guerlain Precious Light Illuminator / 3. Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer / 4. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 / 5. Beautyblender sponge and cleanser Duo / 6. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick / 7. Vera Bradley Blush and Brush makeup bag (also available in larger version) / 8. Flawless Lumière Radiance-Perfecting Foundation)