1 stick margarine or butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas (approx. 2 good size )
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup nuts and/or chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl or standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one at a time, blend well.
- Add mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, stir just to moisten.
- Optional: Add in nuts and/ or chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
How to Freeze Bananas (or Any Fruit)
Peel the bananas, place whole bananas or sliced bananas on a wax paper-lined baking sheet ( I use the half-sized baking sheets that I can slide into my freezer)
freeze for approx. 2 hours until frozen solid, place frozen whole banana or slices into freezer-safe ziplock bags.
label the bags with the date, contents and portion size
Pro Tip: Slicing the bananas make it easier to measure out for your recipes
Not ready to use your ripe bananas? Freeze them until you are ready
Keywords: Banana Bread, Banana, Chocolate Chip, easy