- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 red onion sliced
- Optional: Sprinkle with your favorite cheese
- Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, pine nuts and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with sliced onions and/or your favorite cheese