I am trying to get back in shape and have been using the Fitness App Couch Potato to 5K on my phone. What I realized is that everything I own to walk/ run in, is way to heavy and HOT. So… I just did a HUGE search for the BEST lightweight workout gear for Hot weather!
What I am buying..
I have narrowed it down to a few running skorts (I ordered this one in navy), some breathable loose tanks (I like this one) and a sports bra (I am trying this one). Recently, I got these sneakers.. they are so good! Comfortable, light as air and the knit fabric is not hot at all.
What do you think about running Skorts?
One piece of clothing I never thought I would own, but I have now placed several in my order baskets.. is a running skort! I do like how they come with the compression shorts underneath and that you can wear them to run errands if you get stuck not being able to change. Do you have one? Please tell me what you think…
7 Items You Need for Exercising in the Heat
- UPF 50+ Tops – I bough the tank and long sleeve styles in white to wear working out and over my bathing suit. I like the white because it is cooler and goes with everything.
- Non-Slip Running Sunglasses – Nothing is worse than your sunglasses falling off your nose as you sweat through a run! I love my Oakleys – they are lightweight and stay put!
- Breathable Running Cap – I have a similar white cap with white mesh fabric. It is cool to wear and stands up to being washed and air dried.
- Wireless Ear pods – I had the Apple AirPods and LOVED them until one of my sons wanted to try them out and I have not seen them since. I am currently going old school with the wired variety and it is annoying being attached to my phone.
- Non-Slip Socks – This is a HUGE one! I have been trying out all kinds of socks and so many slip down under my heel. It is the Worst! I found and am loving Feetures ultra no show lightweight socks. They really do not creep under your heel.. and YES.. I am buying more pairs!
- Sunscreen! My dermatologist recommended Elta MD SPF 46 for the Face and Supergoop Play – both are non-toxic and considered clean beauty products.
- Hydrate!! Before and after working out I love adding Amped Hydrate to my water – it tastes great and is enriched with vitamins C and B-complex. A refreshing, natural sports drink mix without any artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners. It comes in 3 flavors – Lemon/ Lime, Orange and Grape.. and the best part they come in handy individual sticks that easily pour into any bottle (you can also click here to order).
Don’t miss the FREE PDF Below – 36 Days to Slimmer Toned Arms – Sign up and receive it immediately in your Inbox!
from top Dobby Action Crop lightweight barely there fabric with pocket / Laser Cut Run Cap / Supergoop! PLAY 100% Mineral Lotion SPF 50 / Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen SPF 50 / Elta MD SPF 46 for the Face / Hyper Focused Sports Bra in Powervita / Oakley Latch Sunglasses / Adidas Sprung Sunglasses / Adidas Ultra Boost Running Shoes / Asics DynaFlyte 3Running Shoe / Feetures Lightweight Socks / Apple AirPods / APL Tech Loom Running Shoe / Hudson Skort
Shop the Post
I put together the below FREE PDF – 36 Days to Slimmer Toned Arms – Sign up and receive it immediately in your Inbox!