I found this yummy recipe from Portugese Girl Cooks
- 1 dry pint blueberries, divided
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 8 to 10 large limes juiced, about 2 cups, plus additional for garnish
- vodka or tequila (optional), about 1 to 2 oz per serving, or substitute with sparkling water for non-alcoholic
- Make Ahead – Reserve about 1/2 cup blueberries, and place the remaining blueberries in a medium saucepan.
- Using a muddler ( or potato masher, or a fork) mash the blueberries. Add in the sugar and water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once mixture is boiling, reduce to a simmer, and allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture becomes a deep purple color.
- Strain mixture into a container with a lid, and discard the blueberry pulp. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Before serving, juice the limes and mix with the blueberry simple syrup in a pitcher, add the liquor if using, the reserved blueberries, and some sliced limes. Mix well.
- Non-Alcoholic Version – Instead of combining everything in the pitcher – you can put the liquor in the individual glasses to keep the limeade non alcoholic or per taste. Serve over ice.
- Serve in glass of preference and garnish with the fruit.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a large crowd.
For a non-alcoholic drink, add some sparkling water or club soda for an extra special drink.
You could also soak the reserved blueberries in the liquor and makes for a nice surprise while drinking.
Keywords: blueberry, Limeade, Blueberries, Cocktail, Non-alcoholic, Vodka, Tequila