Christine made these Yummy Corn Fritters for our beach picnic. She said they were easy to make and we devoured them!
- 2 c. fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large Egg
- 4 tbsp. rice flour
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c. olive oil
- 4 limes
- Pepper jelly (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Mix in egg; then mix in flours until thoroughly combined.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Working in batches of 3 to 4 fritters at a time, drop 1 tablespoon batter per fritter into the oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute each side.
- Transfer fritters to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain; season with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve immediately with remaining lime wedges and, If you like, store-bought pepper jelly ( we use the Stone Wall Kitchen Red Pepper Jelly) and/ or sour cream
Keywords: Corn, Fritters, Appetizer