- ⅓ cup raw unsalted Almonds
- ⅓ cup raw unsalted Cashews
- ⅓ cup raw unsalted Pecans
- 2 cups Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats ( I used Bob’s Old Fashioned Rolled Oats Gluten Free)
- 2 cups Gluten Free Puffed Rice ( I used Barbaras Crispy Brown Rice Crisps)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 10 oz Nestle Dark (really rich!) or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°, line rimmed quarter (9 x 13 x 1) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor grind very well almonds, cashews and pecans
- In a bowl combine ground nuts, oats, puffed rice, sugar, honey, canola oil and coconut oil.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, spread into even layer. Cover with sheet of parchment paper and place another rimmed quarter baking sheet on top of the parchment paper. Push down on the top baking sheet to compress the mixture, making it smooth and compacted.
- Remove baking sheet and parchment paper. Place baking sheet in the center of the oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven. Let cool.
- Melt chocolate in a microwavable dish. Heat for 30 seconds, stir and cook for another 30 seconds stir until smooth
- Pour chocolate over granola mixture, spread evenly with an offset icing knife. Let cool completely until chocolate hardens. I put in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Cut into squares or break up into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
The granola is delicious on its own without chocolate and much healthier! The semi-sweet chocolate isn’t as rich and more people preferred that in the office taste test.
Keywords: Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Granola