I just discovered the all natural products of Beauty Expert Indie Lee and her recipe for an oil cleanser we can make at home. For regular readers and for new comers, I love finding and using products with essential oils for my hair, face, body and nails (see posts here, here and here). I can’t wait to give this recipe a try!
Dry oils (like jojoba and avocado) cleanse the skin just as easily as their conventional counterparts, with all of the same antibacterial properties that get the job done. Plus, they’re better at removing oil-based products like sunscreen. Like attracts like, so the oil cleanser will attract (and extract) the sunscreen particles from your pores.
- ½ oz organic jojoba oil
- ½ oz organic avocado oil
- ⅔ oz organic safflower oil
- ⅓ oz organic castor oil
- 3 drops of of vitamin e
- 2–3 drops essential oil (Feel free to modify the recipe to adjust to your needs by adding essential oils like tea tree, lavender, rosemary, clary sage, chamomile and borage – see Indie’s list of good ingredients for more information)
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in a 2 oz container and shake well.
- Application: Squeeze a pea sized amount onto hand or cleansing brush; massage into damp face to remove makeup and cleanse skin.
- Storage: Up to three months in a closed container.
I am also going to try her multi-purpose Brightening Cleanser that can clean away makeup , exfoliate the skin if left on for 5-10 minutes and can be used to clean makeup brushes. How cool is that?!?! I will let you know how I like it!
to buy: Brightening Cleanser