- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Prehat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Blend well
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment paper or silicone-lined (silpat) baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time until golden brown. about 8 to 10 minutes per batch
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool
Keywords: Chocolate, Oatmeal, Double Chocolate, Cookies