Recipe from Love & Lemons – see link for additional information and ingredient ideas
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, more for a smoother pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, optional
In a food processor, combine the pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and pulse until well chopped.
Add the basil and pulse until combined.
With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined. Add the parmesan cheese, if using, and pulse to briefly combine. For a smoother pesto, add more olive oil.
Keywords: pasta sauce, pesto sauce, basil, pine nuts, olive oil, easy , sauce