I have started to tote my camera around more and more and since I am currently using a shoe bag to protect the body and lenses, I thought I better look for a better option. I have just ordered the Timbuk2 Camera Insert, which I plan on using inside one of my tote bags, but I would really like a lightweight, padded, more secure bag that does not look like a camera bag. It is a pretty tall order and after much searching, I have discovered that there are several companies that cater to the gal who wants a camera bag that has both function and style. They all come in a range of colors, with removable dividers and strap lengths. The sizes range depending on how many lenses and accessories you want to carry, plus several have room for an iPad and/or Laptop. The hard part is narrowing down the bag and color.
1. Jo Totes – Betsy Teal: It includes a shoulder strap and cross body length strap. It is big enough to include a Mac Book Pro and comes in four colors.
2. Ona Bags – The Chelsea: The most classic bag of the bunch, the Chelsea can hold up to three lenses in addition to your camera body and there is room for an iPad. It comes in black or brown and includes a detachable cross body strap.
3. Epiphanie Bags – Mustard Lola: Fun and funky this shoulder bag can hold your camera with lens attached, up to two lenses, battery pack and much more. It comes in five colors, with two outside pockets, a detachable cross body strap and the adorable camera fob.
4. Kelly Moore Bag – B-Hobo Lavender : This bag comes in eight colors (!) with two straps so that it can be worn over the shoulder or as a cross body. There is a great video below that shows you how to wear and use it while shooting.
5. The Epiphanie Bags – Teal Clover is the largest tote here with space for your camera plus attached lens, 2-3 lenses, battery pack, 15″ laptop, and more.. It would be a great traveling bag as it can fit under the airplane seat and I do love that camera fob that is on all the Epiphanie bags!
Do you own any of these brands or have another bag you love for carrying your camera, etc. ? I am interested to get some first hand scoop before I take the plunge and buy one. Thank you!
P.S. Don’t forget to take the survey