- 2 chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2lbs lean ground beef
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 28oz. can peeled tomatoes
- 1 16oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 can small white cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cups dry elbow macaroni
- Place the onions and butter in your dutch oven or large pot. Cook on low to medium heat until the onions are browned.
- Remove the browned onions from the pot and place on a plate until later.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- While the meat is cooking, dice the green pepper.
- Return the onions to the meat with the green pepper, both cans of tomatoes (with all liquid) and the cannellini beans. parsley flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Mix evenly.
- Cover the pot and simmer the ingredients for 1 hour.
- Add the dry elbow macaroni and simmer, covered for another 20 minutes.
We serve it with a big green salad and French bread. A nice glass of red wine and a burning fire would be a nice addition to the meal. Enjoy!
Keywords: dinner recipe, Goulash, ground beef, elbow pasta, easy, one pot, make ahead, freezes