1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
4 large yellow onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
2 yellow peppers, seeded cut into 2 inch wide strips
vegetable oil for basting
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 New York Strip Steaks (12 ounces each)
4 to 5 cups torn pieces of lettuce
- Prepare the grill
- Make the dressing while the grill is heating.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, hoisin, mustard and olive oil. Set aside.
- Brush the onion slices and yellow peppers with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables slowly over medium heat until soft and slightly charred, about 10 minutes. take them off the grill and separate the onions slices into rings
- Grill the steak to the desired doneness. About 6 minutes per side for medium. Cut the steak against the grain in 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss the greens with a very light coating of dressing and arrange on a serving platter or plates. Spread the onions and peppers on top of the lettuce and arrange the sliced steak attractively on top. allowing the onions and peppers to show through.
- Drizzle a little more dressing over the salad and serve warm.
Keywords: grilled steak Salad, Salad, Summer Salad, Grill, Easy, Recipe #grilled onions, Grilled Pepper, steak salad, steak