- 1 bell pepper (your favourite colour)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 little cherry tomatoes/one normal tomato
- 6 eggs
- 1 handful spinach/ green leaves
- 2 slices cheddar (2 slices = around 50g; you can use different cheese too)
- ½–1 tsp salt
- 4–5 splashes hot sauce (or curry powder)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Wash and dice the pepper, onions and tomatoes. and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Wash the spinach, lightly chop it and add it to the bowl as well.
- Add the eggs and salt. Mix well. Pro tip – crack the eggs separately before adding. That way if you get a dodgy one, it won’t ruin the whole meal.
- Optionally add some hot sauce, curry powder…whatever you like. Hot sauce is great!
- Grease the muffin tin with oil using a baking brush or Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups (I prefer using the paper muffin cups – less sticking and mess)
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin slots.
- If you’re so inclined then layering some cheese over the top of each muffin before they go into the oven is a delicious addition! You can also mix in the cheese to the batter.
- Pop the muffin tin into the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
- Cool on a baking rack.
- Bon Appetit!!
Keywords: eggs, Breakfast, low carb, healthy, snack