- 2 1/2 pounds (1,125 g) pork roast, diced into 6 pieces
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife and peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (45 g) dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 1 tablespoon (11 g) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) cornstarch
- 3 Thai chili peppers, sliced
- In a crock pot, add the pork roast, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey and sesame seeds; stir until the pork is coated with the other ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and shred using two forks.
- In a pot, add the reserved juices from the crock pot and whisk in the corn starch. Cook on medium-high heat until the sauce thickens. Stir in the chili peppers and shredded pork.
- Serve the pork over steamed white rice or thai noodles
Crush red pepper is a good substitute for Thai chili peppers. You can also cook this recipe on low heat for 8 hours.