- 4 c. fresh or frozen black-eyed peas (or canned)
- 2 1/2 c. chicken stock – for cooking black-eyed peas
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. coarsely chopped baby spinach
- Bring peas and chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and cool 30 minutes.
- Stir together peas, peppers, tomatoes, scallions, oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve, at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Fold in spinach.
I couldn’t find fresh Black-Eyed Peas and bought two cans – rinsed and served! So easy and just as delicious I am sure as making them.
******Chill until ready to serve, at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours***