- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- ¼ cup butter
- 4–5 pepperoncini peppers
- Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the butter.
- Remove meat and shred. We use a large sheet pan, shredding the meat with two forks.
- Add the shredded meat back into the slow cooker and let soak in the juice
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours. Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes
Do not add any water or broth to this! It will make enough liquid as it cooks.
Keywords: potroast, slowcooker, slow cooker, mississippi pot roast, pot roast