- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) chilled unsalted butter, cut in 1/2 cubes
- 7 tablespoons ice water (or more to blend)
- 6 peaches (about 2 pounds) pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Blend flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse in 1/2 inch cubes of butter.
Once combined, add the ice water and pulse until the mixture becomes damp clusters. If too dry, add one tablespoon of water at a time until you can form dough into a ball.
Shape dough into a flat disk, cover in plastic and chill for 30 minutes
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cut the dough into 8 equal parts and roll into balls.
On a floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll the balls into flat 6 1/5 inch rounds.
Place on baking sheets.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven 400 degrees – place racks evenly
- Toss sliced fruit in bowl with lemon juice and sugar.
Evenly divide fruit between crusts.
Fold crusts in and pinch corners. Fruit will be “open” in the middle.
Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on the crust and sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbling and crusts are browned. Be sure to rotate sheets halfway through cooking.
Cool on rack – serve warm or at room temperature.
They are delicious as is but vanilla ice cream would be a nice addition!
This recipe can be made with any fruit of your choice.
Keywords: peach, fruit, hand pies, dough