- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 extra large eggs
- 2 ¾ cups half and half
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (+ 2 tablespoons to sprinkle before cooking)
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 cups day old challah bread, diced 1 inch
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- Confectioners sugar and maple syrup for serving
- Grease a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish with butter and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, ⅓ cup sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, orange zest and salt.
- Spread half of the diced bread into baking dish. Sprinkle raspberries and then top with the rest of the diced bread.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. press down and moisten all of the bread
- sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- pre-heat oven to 350℉ degrees.
- place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet and cook in the middle of the oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Check at 45 minutes. If getting too browned cover with aluminum foil until finished baking.
- remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of Confectioners sugar and maple sugar.
Keywords: raspberry, Bread Pudding, Make ahead, east, baked