This is a delicious Chili that has a good kick but won’t blow the roof off.
- 1 lb. ground venison or 1 lb. ground beef or 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 mild Italian Sausage links
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can Mexican Style tomatoes (like Rotel – I could only find a 10 oz can)
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked if you can find it)
- 1 (14 oz) can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed ( I did not add)
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water ( I did not add)
- olive oil
- cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream
- green onions, sliced
- In a medium sized dutch oven heat 1 tablespoon olive oil with diced onions. Stir and cook until onions are translucent. about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground meat and sausage removed from skins. Cook until meat is brown.
- Drain excess grease
- Add green peppers, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil
- Add beans , cover and simmer for 1 -2 hours.
- Serve with toppings
I used ground beef and forgot the Jalapeños. We do not like Kidney Beans so I only used the black beans. It was delicious, with a really nice kick and I am sorry I missed the Jalapeños. I served with Fritos corn chips, corn bread and a green salad
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 300.5