- 3 sticks of butter – melted
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) of sugar, 14 tablespoons (a bit more than 3/4 cups) of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 eggs in an electric stand mixer.
- Melt 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) of butter, in a microwaveable dish, slowly in the microwave. I use a pyrex measuring cup so I can pour the melted butter.
- Pour the melted butter into your creamed sugar mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine 1 3/4 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix it into the creamed sugar mixture slowly. You don’t want flour flying all over the place.
- When the flour is all mixed in – add 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet using two teaspoons or a small ice cream scoop. I space them as seen below. THEY SPREAD, SO GIVE THEM ROOM. I use a silpat – but you can also use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You will need to replace the parchment with each batch.
- I like a lot of chocolate chips in my cookies – so I usually add more chips as I use up the batter.
- In my oven they bake for exactly 12 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, let them rest for a minute or two, to set, before you put them on a wire rack to cool
The batter really spreads – so be sure to give them room on the baking sheet
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ridgely's Recipe, Chocolate chip, Cookies, Thin, Crisp