- 4 lbs Pork Shoulder or Butt
- 2 large or 3 small Onions, sliced
- 1 cup Ginger Ale
- ½ of 28 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce
- Layer half of the sliced onions on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the pork on top of the onions and then cover with the remaining sliced onions.
- Pour the ginger ale over the pork and onions.
- Cover the slow cooker, set the temperature to low and let it cook for 12 hours.
- Pull the pork out of the slow cooker and put on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Either strain the onion liquid in a colander or pick out the onions and set aside Be careful, there may be some bones that you should take out.
- Take two forks and shred the pork, removing the fat, any bones and taking the good meat.
- Put the shredded pork and onions back into the slow cooker.
- Cover the pork with Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce (the 4th ingredient!), using almost half of a 28 oz bottle. Mix it all together, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- We serve on Martin’s potato rolls with coleslaw
Pulled Pork takes a little more cooking time than the average slow cooker recipe but it only has 4 ingredients! Note: Be prepared, it takes 12 hours for the pork to cook before shredding so we usually put it all together and cook it overnight. When we wake up, we shred the meat and put it back in the slow cooker for another 6 hours.
Keywords: pulled pork, slow cooker, pork slowcooker, crockpot, crock pot