For the Glaze:
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili-garlic paste, plus more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Meatloaf:
- Vegetable oil, for pan
- 2 pounds cold ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili-garlic paste
- 1½ cups roughly chopped cilantro
- 10 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Garnish:
- 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds, or combination
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make glaze: Bring vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili-garlic paste, garlic and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once liquid comes to a boil, decrease heat to low and simmer until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, make meatloaf: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well but lightly, using your hands or a fork.
- Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each into a small loaf. Place on prepared baking sheet. Use a spoon to make a small indentation in top of each loaf. Spoon a tablespoon of glaze over each loaf. Reserve remaining glaze for later use.
- Place meatloaves in oven. Bake, using a meat thermometer to monitor temperature, until internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees, 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and spread another spoonful of glaze over each loaf. Set aside five minutes, then transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and herbs. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Steve’s Notes: I use Panko instead of bread crumbs, I use 90/10 or 93/7 ground turkey meat and I usually make 1 1/2 or 2 times the sauce recipe as there never seems to be enough.
Keywords: Meatloaf, Turkey