When it’s freezing and I want to get into a warm and cozy bed, I turn on our heated mattress pad (or blanket)! It’s the best! The minute the weather turns chilly, I make sure to take them out of our linen closet and put them on our bed. We have an older version of this one and turn it on about 30 minutes before bed. I usually turn it on before I put on my PJs and wash my face.
Ok, Who am I kidding… on work days, I wash my face when I get home and usually change into something “comfy”. I still haven’t worked out cute leisure clothes and will put on yoga pants and a yummy fleece in the winter months. Which reminds me, I really do need to figure out a better at home comfy look… but that is another post.
Regardless of when I change, I like to make sure I turn them on and get our bed warmed up on those cold nights.
We have a heated mattress pad because we sleep under a duvet without a top sheet or blanket. But I grew up with heated blankets that we added to our bedding in the Winter. I have one on my bed at my parents house in Florida and it is YUMMY in this crazy cold spell we are having. I have it set to level 4 and it is perfect!
What’s so great about a Heated Mattress Pad or Blanket?
- Your bed is warm when you get into it… no more freezing toes
- It turns Off Automatically after 10 hours!
- There are dual controls.. one for you and one for him. *Queen and King Sizes only
- 10 levels of warmth. I like to have it set on a low setting to warm up the bed and turn it off when I get in, that way I do not overheat in the middle of the night.
- Great for nap time or TV watching in bed on a chilly day.
Don’t want to save it for bed? Why not get one of the heated fleece or faux fur throws and cuddle up on the couch? What a great idea!