This post contains Affiliate Links
It is been awhile since I posted a good book list! I have been doing some light reading, but definitely not up to my normal speed as I am not commuting and don’t have those reading hours built into my day.
July 4th weekend is a big reading weekend for me and I like to load up my Kindle Paperwhite with bestsellers, new releases and some recommended favorites.
Who wants some light beach reads or good page turning mysteries?
I want them all! Here are books to read now!
- I heard that The Unsinkable Greta James is really good and you will want to plan an Alaskan Cruise after reading it. I really enjoy a book where the location and scenery plays a role.
- We read In Five Years for book club last year and I am curious to read her latest book One Italian Summer, about a mother-daughter trip to the Amalfi Coast. Sounds like something I will enjoy.
- My neighbors gave me Klara and The Sun with rave reviews. I am excited to finally read it.
- I can’t wait to read Karen Duffy’s Wise Up: Irreverent Enlightenment from a Mother Who’s Been Through It. She is funny, smart and a breath of fresh air. I know this will be filled with important lessons delivered in her special way!
- For mysteries you can’t put down, I hear Who is Maude Dixon? is a page turner..as is The Plot. They are both 2021 books.. but new to me and on the Kindle.
Where do I get my books and how do I borrow them?
We have a small house with no shelves or storage so any physical books that I buy or are given I give to family and friends after I have read them.
I have a Kindle Unlimited Membership Plan that it is $9.99 per month that lets you borrow up to 10 books, audiobooks, and magazines at a time, and then return them whenever you’re done! I always have something to read as there are thousands of ebooks and audiobooks to enjoy.
Another great source is my library – check with you local library for their App – we use the Libby App ( you can read all about it here).
What do you want to read this Summer?
Please share in the comments any books you loved and recommend!