This post contains Affiliate Links
A few years ago I published this post and this past weekend I was in the mood to make (and eat!) Chocolate Chip Cookies. I figured I could re-test the recipe and update the pictures while I was at it. I am leaving the post copy as it was originally written – only the images are new. Please share if you like these cookies in the comments!
A few weeks ago I made these soft chocolate chip cookies. It was an easy recipe with a small amount of dough that distributed evenly on two cookie sheets. They looked really good but, they didn’t taste that good. My husband and son were not impressed and agreed with me that they were dry and boring (yikes!) So disappointing as I really wanted them to be delicious. Not to be deterred, I got to baking the following weekend and tried another recipe…
My Big, Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 1 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) block dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a smooth batter forms. Turn off the mixer and fold in the chocolate chunks using the spatula.
- o form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it around into a ball; place them about 3-inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets; you should get about 4 cookies on each pan. Press down the tops of the dough slightly and bake until the cookies are light brown, 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or about 15 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough/cookie sheets.
I did not have dark chocolate blocks to cut up – instead I used large bittersweet morsels and mini semi-sweet morsels. They were still delicious!
Keywords: Chocolate Chip, Cookies, Easy Baking, Dessert