When we moved into our new house, we had a lot less storage than our house in Connecticut. I had to get on my game and figure out solutions for our kitchen, bathrooms, laundry, and closets. I also had to do more purging and edit down to what we really use and need.
I love going to the Container store to just walk around and see what new things they might have. When I was working in NYC, my office was right next door and if I needed a break, I would take 15 minutes to walk through, stretch my legs and back to the office. I wouldn’t buy anything, it was just fun for me to browse.
For me, getting organized is not a chore but I something really enjoy. Finding a home for everything and making it all neat and tidy i so satisfying.
News Alert.. I am not a neat freak!
Before you think I am a neat freak, I am not. I have a pile of clothes that need to be put away and my bathroom vanity is always covered with my daily favorites. I leave shoes around and my desk is always covered in papers. I havent re-arranged our kitchen cabinets since I unpacked and things really need to be re-organized….it’s a BIG project and one I am building up to tackle. Or when my BFF comes to town (lets see if she sees this :-))
BUT.. I like thinking I am totally organized and when I am in the mood to get it done, I don’t stop. I also like to hunt for the right item to solve my problem.
That is why I started this blog, I am a really good shopper and I love the hunt!
Want to know some of my Favorite Solutions to Organize my Cabinets??
I have found some really great solutions! We installed cabinets above our counter in our bathroom and I am used to drawers. So I needed to find clear bins to put all my products in and left the items I use daily on the shelf.
It worked in theory but them I was always trying to find something that got pushed to the back and toppling over items in the front to find what I wanted.
I realized I could use the lazy susan to make my life easier! (see reel on Instagram of before and after)
Bam! It’s genius!
Here are some of My Most Useful Organizing Solutions
- Shower: I use this white plastic tray in the shower to hold my husbands shaving cream so it won’t leave rust marks on the tile bench
- Kitchen: These wooden drawer dividers are in my large kitchen drawer to divide all my large utensils
- Clothing Drawers: I have been folding my clothes in the María Kondo Style (see this post) and I am thinking of getting these clear expandable dividers for my clothes drawers because right now I am using shoe boxes and they don’t really fit as well.
- Bathroom Cabinet: I discovered this 5 piece Laundry Set after I bought the items separately. Everything in this set is useful.
- Food Storage: We have limited space and these stackable containers are the best. I especially like how the tops stay with the bottoms.
Tip: Be sure to measure the space, drawer, cabinet, etc and look at the product measurements before buying to make sure it will fit in your space. I have returned a lot of items that were not the right size.
Similar Organizing Posts: Tips for Storing Off Season Clothes and Solutions to Organize Your Drawers